δείτε εδώ την παρουσίαση της εργασίας environment classes 5 & 6 Ios primary school 06 2014
Ios Primary School, Class 5, February 2014
PROJECT “WE TAKE CARE OF OUR ENVIRONMENT”
Environmental PROBLEMS on Ios island & suggested SOLUTIONS
Pupil’s Book, Unit 5 & Worksheets 5.5.11 – 5.5.12 – 5.5.2- 5.5.3
Step 1: Find the environmental problems!
1. Sometimes there is rubbish & pollution in the sea, on the beaches, on the ground in the streets & paths (oil, broken glasses, cigarette ends, plastic bottles, rubbish, old tyres, animals poop, … )
2. We dump all our rubbish in Almyros, near the beach. Some rubbish may end up in the sea & on the beach. The pollution may affect the ground & water.
3. Some people set fire to the rubbish at Almyros and that causes air pollution.
4. There are not enough rubbish bins in and around Hora.
5. There are smells of cooking, rubbish etc. in Hora.
6. There is too much noise in Hora in summer nights.
7. There are broken glass bottles in Hora & along the pathway to the Port in summer.
8. There are not many trees on the island. We cut down trees.
9. There is no sewage system in Mylopotas.
10. Some people burn dry grass & plants and pollute the air; this is also dangerous, because the wind may spread the fire.
11. We don’t recycle! There are no recycle bins.
12. Some people poison dogs & cats.
13. It doesn’t rain often, so we don’t have enough fresh water.
Step 2: Suggest ways to solve the environmental problems!
1. We mustn’t throw rubbish in the sea, on the ground and on the beaches. We must keep our environment clean. We mustn’t litter. We must put all the rubbish in the litter bins.
2. We must put bins everywhere.
3. We must clean our street from rubbish.
4. We mustn’t pollute the ground, the air and the water. We must not pour oil from our boats into the sea. We mustn’t burn the rubbish.
5. We must clean our own pets’ poop.
6. We must not make loud noises. We should respect other people and not disturb them.
7. We mustn’t light fires when it is windy.
8. We must recycle.
Step 3: Organize your action!
· Visit & clean up beaches & the village.
· Visit Mylopotas Reservoir and check how much water there is.
· Write letters to the Mayor, the Police, the Port Police; visit them & talk about the environmental problems & solutions to them.
· Make leaflets & posters; post them around Hora, the Port, beaches etc. & give to people.
· Take photos of all visits.
· Upload project & ideas on school website.
· Participate in the photo contest.
Σύντομα θα δημοσιεύσουμε τα αποτελέσματα της εργασίας μαζί με τις ζωγραφιές.